Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Freedom will come to all schools

There was a protest by outgoing Grade 12 students from Centre for Higher Secondary Education (CHSE) after they finished A Level exams this June. The students wanted drastic changes to be implemented in the high school and demanded the resignation of key administrators. Ajay Makan of Minivan News has done an excellent reporting of the protest.

CHSE has been the centre of attention for some months because of gross mismanagement by the current administration. A student has been suspended since February 19 for allegedly writing an article about a teacher for E-Sandhaanu magazine. Even though this allegation has not been proved, the student still remains under suspension and he was not even able to sit in the first year’s final semester exams.

A female student has accused a mathematics teacher of sexual harassment while she attended a tuition session. A case has been filed at Criminal Court by the student’s family. However, CHSE’s Principal allowed the teacher to sneak away to his home country before the matter was investigated.

The protest shows that CHSE students will no longer tolerate the abuses going on. It shows that students of Maldives will rise up against injustices. The young generation of Maldives is currently more aware of their rights than their predecessors. The young people who will finish studies from schools now will make better choices socially, politically and in other aspects. It is not because the schools provide them with quality education but because they try to fill the void through Internet, books and other sources.

This generation will not be guinea pigs of MDP (the ultra right, conservative, self-proclaimed saviours without any concrete policies but hollow promises) and they will neither become stooges of DRP (the ultra right, conservative, corrupt, brutal barbarians who has destroyed the hopes of so many people during the past three decades). Politicians beware!

13 comments:

fathun.. said...

Go CHSE ians!!!

Anonymous said...

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your website?

Its very well written; I love what youve got
to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.

Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two
pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?


my webpage; ecig

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web site is truly working
hard in support of his website, because here every stuff is quality
based stuff.

Also visit my web site - billig ecigaret

Anonymous said...

Good site you have here.. It's hard to find high quality writing like yours nowadays. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

Also visit my web page nicotine liquid

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I think
I would never understand. It seems too complex and very broad for
me. I am looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

Here is my web blog; cigarettes

Anonymous said...

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks
of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to protect against hackers?


Review my weblog; smoke stop

Anonymous said...

I like it when individuals come together and share opinions.
Great blog, keep it up!

Feel free to visit my webpage - e-cigaretter med nikotin

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like your web site!

Stop by my weblog e-væske

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from this post as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

Also visit my page e-cigarette

Anonymous said...

Now I am ready to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming yet again to read further news.


Feel free to visit my page; e-cigaretter

Anonymous said...

I have been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found
any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Here is my web blog :: nikotin væske (colenwqj.bravejournal.com)

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your blog via Google at the same time as searching
for a similar matter, your web site came up, it seems good.
I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hi there, simply was aware of your blog through Google, and found that
it's really informative. I'm going to be careful
for brussels. I will appreciate should you continue this in future.
Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

Feel free to visit my homepage; elektronisk cigaret

Anonymous said...

smokeless cigarettes, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarette brands, electronic cigarette, e cigarette health, buy electronic cigarette